Written By Amy Brown
The world may be mid-pandemic, but you’re newly engaged & if that excitement is all that keeps your spirits high, then that’s something to celebrate right?!
So where do you start? Let’s assume you’ve already told your loved ones, posted pics of your new bling on social media & enjoyed the buzz for a few days before you found this blog…
1. Searching, scrolling & clicking
Gone are the days of running to the local newsagent for a glossy magazine (although it’s still lovely to flick through those colourful pages filled with inspiration!). You may start by googling wedding venues or maybe opening a Pinterest board to build your ideas into your dream wedding.
SOCIAL MEDIA: The obvious choice is to browse Instagram either via hashtags or by searching for your potential venues and suppliers. Here at Hylands Estate we keep our Instagram profile updated almost daily, posting sneak peaks of renovations, behind the scenes action & cherished moments on our stories & inspirational images on the grid.
So even with most of the country in some form of lockdown, you’ll still be able to search for your venue and build your ideas from the comfort, and safety of your own home!
2. Planning to plan
This may sound silly, but before you can really plan your wedding, you need to plan a few things:
- Guest numbers: venues will have very specific capacities and pricing based on guest numbers, so it’s good to have an approximate idea.
- Budget: even if this has some flexibility, be sure to set some boundaries. Believe me it’s easy to get carried away! Before you know it, you’ve booked a helicopter arrival and a 12-tier wedding cake!
- Style: this doesn’t need to be final, but if your dream is to have an elegant black tie event, then you may not want to spend time looking at barn venues, equally if you’re hoping to put on your own wedding festival, you may not want to look at hotel venues. Your venue can play a huge role in setting the scene for your styling.
- Bridal party: pick your dream team, this will allow you to call on them for guidance ….. or maybe just offer you the perfect excuse for lunch dates!
- Seasons and dates: narrowing down your preferred wedding season or date is also a crucial step ahead of contacting venues and suppliers. Check out our blog Dates: Choosing them, Booking them & Sending them.
3. Booking your venue
This step may be trickier than usual, the fact that venues are unable to offer private viewings due to the ongoing restrictions may mean it’s harder to pin down your favourites.
Here at Hylands Estate we are able to offer a virtual show round via Microsoft Teams, you can book a meeting with a member of the Events & Weddings Team, who will guide you around the magnificent venue and help you visualise the perfect day!
We also have a virtual wedding preview day available to view on YouTube!
We have a whole blog dedicated to helping you book your dream wedding venue: 4 Top Tips to Choosing Your Wedding Venue. Everything you need to know is right there!
At this stage we’d also advise taking out wedding insurance, which can give you some added peace of mind when confirming contracts and paying deposits.
With your wedding venue booked & your budget set, you’re good to go! Why not treat yourself to a beautiful wedding planner or diary to help you keep track of payments, supplier details and your ideas.
The pandemic may have put celebrations on the back burner, but you could think about arranging an engagement party for the summer, or even a private photoshoot to grab some special memories. Check out our Pre-Wedding Photoshoot Offer!
5. Enjoy the journey!
Wedding planning should be fun, enjoy the journey. Ask for help, but remember it’s your special day!
To speak to us about viewing Hylands Estate for your wedding, contact the team today on 01245 605500 or by email email@example.com